I sell mortgages for a living. Things have gotten tough. That said, the recruiters are out trying to find guys who can produce loans. Somebody thinks that's me. One of those is a real big, brand name, lender with mountains of trouble in the subprime meltdown (much different from a tuna melt). Today he tried to sway me with threats of the demise of the mortgage broker. I finally had to tell him to move on. My email to him:
Dear Mr. Earnest Branch Manager Guy -
Thanks for your note and your continued zeal in contacting me about opportunities at Giant Lender Co. I enjoyed the first conversation we had some time back and think you seem like a good guy. I am concerned that you would offer legislation as a wedge to try to push me one way or another. In additiona to the legislative and regulatory pressures, the news is daily filled with negative articles about your employer, Giant Lender Co. While I am not a doomsayer, I did visit with a sales center today where I am on the preferred list and they talked to me about the pushback from potential buyers that they get when they offer Giant Lender Co. as a lender. Say what you will about the strength of Giant Lender Co., but preception becomes reality. If my borrowers don't want to use Giant Lender Co., then I cannot make a living working there. In the competitve market we are in, it is hard enough to win a deal, I don't want to introduce additional challenges to the equation.
While I appreciate your contacting me, I would prefer we discontinue our conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment